Document: KWES PTA Agenda and Minutes
KWES Parent Teacher Association Agenda and Minutes
Continuous from SY 17-18~
Table of Contents:
Board members in attendance:
Dan Larkin, Debbie Heyler, Ruth Kaopuiki, Jen Javier, Pualani Wilmington, Maria Passi
CALL TO ORDER @ 3:35pm
- TREASURER'S REPORT: Maria provided last BOH statement on 10/31/20; ending balance: $11,855.40
- Financial Request(s) Approval: $95.28 requested from Admin for reimbursement of Bentos purchased on 11/20 Flu vacine for Clinic & National Guard workers. $65.00 requested from Admin for (1) Longs gift card used for prizes for the Pumpkin Craft Challenge; (2) Foodland gift cards for the Thankful Challenge.
- Fall Fundraiser (Mr. McGivern) was cancelled due to Covid 19. Pending for Spring?
- Housing minutes: Discussed that minutes will be housed on our website KWES.org. Maria will add minutes missing from the Google doc.
- Current membership: 15 memberships for 2020-21; Discussed how to increase membership. Mr. Larkin will will put out an announcement on Wednesday's School Messenger to sign-up. Also, half off of (1) school t-shirt for members. Mr. Larkin will also advertise the $5 Lion masks available (319 left). Maria to inquire with Leila on flier to promote buying lion mask and school t-shirts.
- New t-shirt design: Brenda is completing a new design for school shirt. Mr. Larkin shared that Assistance League of Hawaii is contributing a large amount oto off-set shirt costs(need to also include giving to needy families); old t-shirt cost is $9
- School marquee: initially sponsered by PTA. Suggested to either replace plexiglass or go for the digital LED lighted-one. Mr Larkin to see if businesses like the Carpenter's union can create the marquee. Ms. Debbie to inquire Gates foundation, although a stretch!
- Potential fundraisers: Mr Larkin signed up PTA for Panda Express fundraiser night; set for Monday, Dec 14th *all day; location is Kam Shopping Center. username:email@example.com password: Lions1234!@#$
- Amazon fundraiser: Ms. Debbie and Ms. Pua will check on details for Amazon associates: https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/ ; Amazon Smile: https://www.ptotoday.com/pto-today-articles/article/8895-how-to-use-amazonsmile-for-your-pto-or-pta-
Meeting was adjourned at 4:25pm
Next Meeting: Thursday, 12/17 @ 3:30pm
Attendance: Pua Wilmington, Maria Passi, Ruth Kaopuiki, Jen Javier, Dan Larkin, Debbie Heyler
CALL TO ORDER @ 3:35 p.m.
- Housing minutes
- Minutes will be housed on our website KWES.org
- Ms. Maria will add minutes missing from the Google doc
- Funds used for and approved:
- Bentos for 11/20 flu clinic for the workers
- $65 for the pumpkin craft challenge
- Foodland gift cards for thanksgiving challenge
- Current membership: 15 members
- Discussed how to increase membership:
- Mr. Larkin will put out an announcement on Wednesday’s School Messenger to sign-up ($1 off school t-shirt)
- Mr. Larkin wil also advertise the $5 lion masks available
- Ms. Maria to inquire with Ms. Leila on flier promoting PTA and buying the lion mask
- New t-shirt design
- Ms. Brenda completing a new design for our school shirt
- Mr. Larkin shared Assistance League of Hawaii is contributing a large amount to off-set shirt costs (need to also include giving to needy families)
- School marquee
- last replaced by PTA
- Suggested to either replace plexiglass or go for the digital LED lighted-one
- Mr. Larkin to see if businesses like the Carpenter’s union can create the marquee.
- Deb to inquire Gates foundation, although a stretch!
- Potential fundraisers
- Panda Express fundraiser
- Amazon associates
- Amazon Smile
NEXT MEETING: Thursday 12/17 at 3:30 PM / For Dec on Google link
Present: Dan, Pua, Ruthie, Maria, Ronette Acio, Alma Aquitania, Debbie
CALL TO ORDER @ 3:35 p.m.
Reviewed the Breakfast with Santa/STEM Fair powerpoint for December 14, 2019
- Went over the menu, the donations
- Discussed where to put Salvation Army - Possibly the tree by C-building
- Ruthie will contact Salvation Army to go over the details
- Dan will contact Prisma ballet to possibly perform while eating
- Went over the sign-up list and added PTA board members (thank you!)
- Add candy canes to the list
Introduced the new members and current ones: Ronette Acio, Alma Aquitania, Patrick _________
- Need to change the names as signatories. Considering Alma and Patrick. They will need to bring their ID to Bank of Hawaii to be added on. Alma to be treasurer, Ronette to be a fundraiser
- Fundraisers: Possibly cards for discounts; family night at Panda Kitchen
- Dan shared wanting fundraising for air conditioners for the rooms.
Financial wish request for filtered drinking station from the principal.
- Tabled until the next meeting
PTA BOARD MEETING
January 29, 2017
KWS Teachers Lounge
Present: Ronnie, Dan, Pua, Ray, Maria
CALL TO ORDER @ 3:15 p.m.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Balance of BOH 12/31/17; last statement: $19,859.40
** Financial request(s) approval:
$1,320.00 requested from Admin for replenishment of Kalihi Waena uniform t-shirt: SAF or BB Specialties
$408.00 requested from Admin/Gr. 5 for two buses to attend Anti-Bullying conference at Neil Blaisdell Ctr. on 3/15/18.
$150 requested from Admin for reimbursement for popcorn purchased for student movie day on 12/20/17.
SPRING FUNDRAISER items sold (Banana Mac Nut cake, Vienna Cinnamon Bread, Cornflake cookie, Pacific Giant portuguese sausage); tickets distributed on 1/17 to 2/9 *due date for monies; pickup date is Wed., 2/28 @ 1-5pm.
Honolulu District @ FHS Science Fair on Sat. 2/10 @ 8-12pm; PTA vendor food booth; items to sell (500-700 Hotdogs/chips) ** cost of hotdogs, buns, condiments to be purchased by Dan and will be reimbursed by PTA.
SQS survey activity event (popcorn/hotdog?); Movie Day on March 9th (target is 150 survey)
The meeting was adjourned at 3:30pm
Minutes submitted by M.Passi
SQS survey activity with parent and student involvement; Movie Night; Sat. 12/20/18; using LION Kala (hot dog, popcorn, juice, face painting?)
The meeting was adjourned at 3:45pm
Minutes submitted by PTA Secretary, M.Passi
Kalihi Waena Elementary
SY 17/18, 25 September 2017
Members Present: Maria Pasi, Daniel Larkin, Ruthie Kaopuiki, Ray Fong, Pua Wilmington
Members Absent: Leila Bajarin