Aloha Lions Ohana,
We are almost there! The end is near. It is so dear. But can you hear? We are finishing the year. Yes, have no fear. Because we are here!
That is right folks we are almost finished with the school year, and what a year it has been! Everyone has been working so hard to make sure our keiki have the best opportunities we can get them to learn and grow, both academically and behaviorally. It hasn't always been easy, and we have a long way to go, but there has been significant growth. With that being said there are a LOT of things happening this month.
- Tomorrow marks the start of Teacher Appreciation Week. We consider every adult on campus a teacher and celebrate them all. One of my favorite quotes is, "Someone is learning how to be a person by watching you."- Dr. Jennifer Abrams. This quote shows how all of our staff are teaching your children, so let's show all of them some love this week.
- Our bi-monthly Principal's Coffee Hour has been moved from this Wednesday to Thursday. We will see you all in the cafeteria at 8:05. This month's talking points are the upcoming summer, construction projects, and parent concerns/suggestions.
- This is the last week of state testing. Please make sure your children are getting enough sleep!
- Our final PTA meeting of the year is next Tuesday 5/16/23 online at 4:00. Please join us at meet.google.com/sar-vhev-
pcqas we will be putting forth nominations for our officers for next year. We would highly encourage new members to join us at this meeting as we have some openings.
- Next Saturday at 9:00 we will be having a campus beautification event where we will be planting some new plants to edge our sidewalk from the cafeteria to the classrooms to try to limit the flooding we get in heavy rains. We need 3-4 people who are not afraid of dirt to help out, but we will welcome as many people as we can get to help out.
- We have a limited summer school happening this year. Our targeted invitations were sent out two weeks ago. If you have not turned them in please do so immediately. We will make it open to the general public starting Wednesday if we do not have enough students.
- Kindergarten parents: As the Always Dream program wraps up they are asking you to please answer the questions in this survey www.tfaforms.com/
- Our 5th-grade field trip to Dave and Busters is coming up May 17th. Just a reminder to all parents and students that if the student gets in trouble between now and then they will not be allowed to attend.
- Our final Awards Assembly is on May 25th. Kindergarten- 2nd will be from 8:15-9:00. 3-5th will be from 9:05-10:15 (times are approximate) in the cafeteria. Please join us for these events. Just a reminder, no balloons, confetti poppers, and noise makers/horns are allowed. This is due to safety concerns and/or because of students who have sensitivities to noise.
- Our 5th grade Aloha Assembly is on May 26th at 8:30 in the cafeteria. The same rules apply. Congratulations grade 5!
I know that is a LOT, and really there is more, but that is enough for today. I'll send out more frequent reminders as the year comes to a close. I hope your weekend is wonderful, and your life is full of joy. Just remember that We are the Lions. We are the Future!