Aloha Lions Ohana,
Today we are wishing you a happy, healthy, and filling Thanksgiving as well as giving a few last-minute announcements.
- Our Picture Taking and Jingle Bell Drive-through with Santa forms are due tomorrow, 11/24/21. There is one correction to note: the drive-through times were incorrectly listed. The correct times are 2:15-3:15 pm.
- There is no school Thursday or Friday.
- Our Coding workshop starts right after the break. The first group will be on November 29 and 30th. The second group will be on December 2nd and 3rd. Reminder slips are being sent home.
- Our next SCC meeting will be on Thursday, December 2nd at 4:00 pm in person at the school. All are invited.
- Parents, please check your children's belongings for contraband. We have confiscated a number of electronic cigarettes (aka vapes) and other items that children should not have lately. We have been shown evidence that there is a man who is selling these things out of the back of his car at KPT and throughout the community to children as young as 5. Some of our students as young as 2nd grade have been identified to have contraband items. It is critical that we don't take things for granted and keep a strong eye on our Keiki as they can be easily influenced by others.
- Last, we want to thank you all for your support last week during our WASC visit. A special thanks go to those parents who joined us on Tuesday for the meeting with the committee. The school did very well and the committee was very happy with our school. Mahalo!
From all of us here at Kalihi Waena. Please enjoy your Thanksgiving and have a safe long weekend. We are all your ohana here at Kalihi Waena because, We are the Lions. We are the Future!