Aloha Lions Ohana,
Wow this quarter is flying! We have so much going on and so much more to do. Today I have a few announcements for you and a request for help.
- Due to unforeseen circumstances on the side of the personnel who will conduct the coding workshop, it will NOT start this Monday, November 15. Instead, the first session will start on November 29th and continue on 30th for grade 4. For grade 5 the dates are December 2nd and 3rd. Students are being informed if they were included in the classes. Please note, these are not long-term after-school classes, instead, they are only two, one-hour sessions.
- I need your help. Tomorrow, Saturday at 9:00 am I will be mixing and pouring concrete footings for our Pergola. I could really use at least two more people to help me out as I am NOT skilled in this area. Please call me at 808-366-0140 if you are able to join me. Lunch will be provided and we will end no later than 2 regardless of how far we get.
- Next week Tuesday we will be having our parent meeting with our WASC Visiting Committee. Following that meeting will be a School Community Council meeting where we will be asking for approval and recommendations for how we are spending some federal funds that we have access too as well as requesting approval for waiver days for next school year. Please join us at meet.google.com/znk-nwfj-vjy at 4:00 pm Tuesday. Please see the below agenda for the SCC meeting:
- Show ESSER III Educational Plan video
- Share ESSER III Educational Plan slide deck
- Principal to complete SCC feedback form as a team
- Feedback on ESSER III Educational Plan from SCC
- Please watch our beautiful new video that shows many of the awesome activities happening here at Kalihi Waena. Go to https://bit.ly/kweoverview to check it out.
Thank you all again for all you do to propel your children into the future! We do it together because We are the Lions. We are the Future!
Daniel Larkin, US Navy (Retired)
Kalihi Waena Elementary
Home of the MIGHTY LIONS!
Primary email: email@example.com
Secondary email: firstname.lastname@example.org
School address: 1240 Gulick Ave. Honolulu, HI 96819